About three years ago, I decided to change my business based on some coaching that I received: I started to focus on setting up a perfect weekly schedule. Since then, I haven’t had a perfect week, but I have been working to use data to time block my day-to-day activities.
Before then, I probably worked between 50 and 70 hours a week. Today I’m working somewhere around 45 hours a week at max, but I’m earning more and I’m enjoying life more.
If you look at my weekly schedule (see 1:28 in the video above), you’ll see that it doesn’t have any appointments scheduled on Saturday or Sunday or anytime after 6 p.m.
Here’s a general overview of my perfect week:
- 5 a.m.: Wake up to start my “miracle morning activities”: reading, journaling, exercising, and meditating
- 5:30 or 6 a.m.: Arrive at the gym to work out for an hour
- 7:30 a.m.: Take my daughter to school
- 9:30 a.m. on Monday mornings: Attend a call with the leadership of RE/MAX Professionals for 30 minutes
- 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.: Attend a team meeting from 11 to 11:30, where I review last week’s numbers: what I accomplished, what my team accomplished, and how my company overall performed
- 11 a.m.: Take a one-hour lunch break
- 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.: Do some follow-up calls
- 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.: Meet with agents who are considering joining our company
- 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.: Blocked out to take listing appointments
That’s merely a general overview; certain days of the week have different periods blocked out for specific activities:
- Tuesdays from 7 a.m. to noon: Coaching calls
- Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.: Meeting with RE/MAX leadership
- Thursday mornings: Training classes
- Friday mornings: Blocked out for golf
If you can focus your time into two compartments each day and then review your schedule for efficiency, you can both change your life and your financial success.
If you’d like me to work with you to help you design a perfect week, feel free to reach out to me. We can set up an appointment for coffee or a Zoom call and I can show you in more detail how the perfect week has helped me change my life for the better. Hope to hear from you soon!