There are 14 vital activities that each Realtor should do. I’ll go over the first seven for you today.
1. Lead generation. It’s so important to constantly generate leads.
2. Converting leads. Turn those leads into appointments and then into contracts.
3. Administrative work. Most Realtors don’t like paperwork, which is why we have transaction coordinators to help us out. Administrative paperwork is a vital activity that we must do ourselves or delegate to others.
4. Have good presentation. It’s important to present at listing appointments, in front of buyers, and in the negotiation of contracts. Whether you are representing the buyer or seller, you have to be able to negotiate on their behalf.
5. Marketing. You need to have a strategic marketing plan in place. Whether you are trying to connect with people through farming, Zillow, or wherever it may be that you are spending money to generate leads, marketing is a highly important function of being a Realtor.
6. Closing. All of your hard work goes into the closing day. You want to make sure that you are able to get the closing done right. There are many components that you need to master, but the closing component is extremely important. Make sure you go to closings so that you can represent your client. By going to the closing, you will also be present in your client’s mindset and they will be more likely to send your information to their friends and family.
7. Post-closing activities. What do you do once the house is closed? Do you just cash the check and never talk to those people again? Or do you want these people to become part of the fabric of your life? It’s very important to have an ongoing follow-up plan for everyone you represent.
After all, if you had a good transaction, then they know, like, and trust you. They also know what to expect by working with you. Now it’s up to you to stay in constant contact with them. If they need help with the house, finding contractors, or dealing with home warranty issues, you should be their advocate. Invite them to dinner, call on them cordially after closing, or invite them to client events.
Stay tuned for the next seven tasks that every real estate agent should do. In the meantime, if you have any questions, just give me a call or send me an email. I would be happy to help you!