Nate’s Monday Morning Message
Welcome to this week’s edition of Nate’s Morning Message! I know many of you reading this will be enjoying a long weekend with the day off in honor of Presidents Day – which was originally established in 1885 in recognition of President George Washington. Today, we celebrate all president’s past and present – regardless of party or whether our guy won or not. To be the president of the greatest country in the world, is a responsibility that goes beyond measure – a daily sacrifice that only a person walking in those shoes can begin to comprehend. On this day, I want to say THANK YOU. We are the United States of America, because of every president who has answered the call to represent our great nation. I hope you’ll take a moment to reflect and share your own gratitudes on this day of recognition. Let’s make it a great week!
Presidents Day Facts…
- George Washington was the only president unanimously elected. Meaning all of the state representatives voted for him.
- James Madison and George Washington are the only presidents who signed the Constitution.
- James Madison was the shortest president at 5 feet 4 inches tall and weighed 100 pounds.
- Abraham Lincoln was the tallest president at 6 feet 4 inches tall (Lyndon B. Johnson was also 6’ 4”).
- At 42 years, 10 months, 18 days old Teddy Roosevelt was the youngest man to hold the office of president. Joe Biden was the oldest at 78 years, 61 days. John F. Kennedy was the youngest to be elected president.
WORDS OF INSPIRATION
“As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” - John F. Kennedy
“The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.” - Franklin D. Roosevelt
“Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.” - Abraham Lincoln
Nate Martinez, RE/MAX Professionals
Copyright © 2022 Nate Martinez. All rights reserved.