Nate’s Monday Morning Message
Welcome to this week’s edition of Nate’s Morning Message! I hope this email finds you well, and ready for the summer temps because they are here in the Valley of the Sun! Today I’d like to talk about self-care and more importantly taking time for yourself to rest and renew your energy. When we are in the thick of things, we tend to keep going because there is so much to do, and rarely putting ourselves first. When you get on an airplane, they instruct you in the event of an emergency to put your oxygen mask on first before assisting those around you. There is an important reason they tell you to do this. Self-care is vital for our mental well-being as well as our physical bodies. You can’t be there for your family, your career, your community if you can’t breathe. This week I’d like to challenge you to find some time for your own self-care. Let’s make it a great week!
Here are 12 ways to get started with your self-care.
1. Make sleep part of your self-care routine.
2. Take care of yourself by taking care of your gut.
3. Exercise daily as part of your self-care routine.
4. Eat right for self-care.
5. Say no to others, and say yes to your self-care.
6. Take a self-care trip.
7. Take a self-care break by getting outside.
8. Let a pet help you with your self-care.
9. Take care of yourself by getting organized.
10. Cook at home to care for yourself.
11. Read a book on self-care for self-care.
12. Schedule your self-care time, and guard that time with everything you have.
Read more about self-care here: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/click-here-happiness/201812/self-care-12-ways-take-better-care-yourself
WORDS OF INSPIRATION
“He who has health, has hope; and he who has hope, has everything.” - Thomas Carlyle
“Your body hears everything your mind says.” - Naomi Judd
“Good health is not something we can buy. However, it can be an extremely valuable savings account.” - Anne Wilson Schaef
Nate Martinez, RE/MAX Professionals
Copyright © 2022 Nate Martinez. All rights reserved.