Here’s a breakdown of which industries were most affected by job losses due to coronavirus.
Last week, I discussed how the Raging River housing market will explode within the next month or two. Today, I’ll walk you through a breakdown of which industries were affected by 15% of the people who became unemployed in the last two months due to the coronavirus.
When you consider these numbers, bear in mind that while 15% is a lot of jobs lost, that still means 85% are gainfully employed:
- 59.5% of this group were in the food service industry
- 7.1% were in temporary help services
- 6.6% were in retail
- 6.1% were healthcare office workers
- 4.1% were construction workers
- 4.1% were also in the accommodation industry
- 3.7% were child daycare workers
Just last week, it was announced that all surgical teams will be allowed to go back to work and focus on elective surgeries once more.
The bottom line: Those who are unemployed due to COVID-19-related job losses will soon be able to rejoin the workforce, and I think once they do, our market will repair itself quickly.
If you have any questions about the Phoenix market, don’t hesitate to reach out to me. I’d love to help you.